Wednesday 4 July 2012

The PhotoTaker Returns!

Slowly getting the full website up and running, but in the meantime I'll try to catch up on some of the updates that slipped by. A couple months back I was surprised to see my old story "The PhotoTaker" (based on a Metal Hurlant cover by the amazing Jacques Tardi) nominated for a 2012 Eisner award under "Best Short Story"~ as flattering as it was, I was confused how something I did back in 2002 was even eligible. So after I posted online asking if it was a mistake, the Eisner committee realized the screw-up and removed it from voting (which was definitely fine with me since there were tons of other comics actually drawn last year that should have been in the running).

But it did remind me that Humanoides has started reprinting some of the earlier work I did for them in English, and you can find "The PhotoTaker" in the new Metal Hurlant Vol. 2 collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment